Chat groups enable real-time messaging among multiple users.
This page shows how to use the Chat SDK to manage the attributes of a chat group in your app.
The Chat SDK provides the
GroupChangeListener classes for chat group management, which allows you to implement the following features:
- Modify the chat group name and description
- Manage chat group announcements
- Manage chat group shared files
Before proceeding, ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- You have initialized the Chat SDK. For details, see Get Started with Android.
- You understand the call frequency limits of the Chat APIs supported by different pricing plans as described in Limitations.
- You understand the number of chat groups and chat group members supported by different pricing plans as described in Pricing Plan Details.
This section describes how to call the APIs provided by the Chat SDK to implement chat group features.
The chat group owner and chat group admins can modify the name and description of the chat group.
Refer to the following sample code to modify the chat group name and description:
The chat group owner and chat group admins can set and update chat group announcements. Once the announcements are updated, all chat group members receive the onAnnouncementChanged callback. All chat group members can retrieve chat group announcements.
Refer to the following sample code to manage chat group announcements:
All chat group members can upload or download group shared files. The chat group owner and chat group admins can delete all of the group shared files, whereas group members can only delete the shared files that they have personally uploaded.
Refer to the following sample code to manage chat group shared files:
For details, see [Chat Group Events]./manage-chat-groups#listen-for-chat-group-events).