This page shows how to create and manage projects in Console.
The administrator and engineers have access to the Project Management page.
Create a new project
You can create up to 10 projects with the deleted ones included. If you need to use more projects, please contact us by submitting a ticket.
Follow these steps to create a new project:
Log in Console, click in the left navigation menu to enter the Project Management page.
- Enter your project name and select your authentication mechanism ("App ID" or "App ID + App Certificate + Token") in the dialog box.
We provide two authentication mechanisms: "App ID" and "App ID + App Certificate + Token". For details, see User Security Keys.
We recommend that you use a token for more security:
- In the testing stage, you can generate a temporary token in Console after enabling the App Certificate.
- In the production stage, you need to deploy a Token Generator on your server. See Generate a Token.
- Click Submit and you can see the project on the Project Management page.
Manage your projects
On the Project Management page, you can also do the following:
Enter a project name or App ID in the input box and click to search for the project.
Click to edit the project information and get the App ID.
Click to view the project usage.
Click to generate a temporary token.
Check the project states according to the and icons.
Check the basic information of projects, including:
- Stage: Testing, Live, and Not Specified
- Project Name
- Creation Date
- App ID
Click to try real-time communication on the webpage.
Click to generate a temporary token for testing.
View the project usage.
Edit the project information, including:
Enable the App Certificate
If you use the App ID for authentication when creating the project and want to switch to the "App ID + App Certificate + Token" mechanism, you need to enable the App Certificate first.
Follow these steps to enable the App Certificate:
- Click the edit button of the targeted project.
- Click Enable in the "Basic Info" page.
- Read About App Certificate.
We will send you an email. Follow the steps in the email to confirm about enabling the App Certificate.
Go back to the Edit project page to check the enabled App Certificate.
Note: If you do not find the confirmation email in your inbox, check your spam or junk email folder.