This page shows how to create and manage projects in Agora Dashboard.
The administrator and engineers have access to the Project Management page.
Create a new project
Follow these steps to create a new project:
Log in Agora Dashboard, click in the left navigation menu to enter the Project Management page.
- Enter your project name and select your authentication mechanism ("App ID" or "App ID + App Certificate + Token") in the dialog box.
We provide two authentication mechanisms: "App ID" and "App ID + App Certificate + Token". For details, see User Security Keys.
We recommend that you use a token for more security:
- In the testing stage, you can generate a temporary token in Dashboard after enabling the App Certificate.
- In the production stage, you need to deploy a Token Generator on your server. See Generate a Token.
- Click Submit and you can see the project on the Project Management page.
In the figure above, Project A uses an App ID for authentication and the App Certificate of this project is not enabled. Project B uses a token for authentication and the App Certificate of this project is enabled. For Project B, you can click to generate a temporary token in the testing stage.
You can create up to 10 projects with the deleted ones included. If you need to use more projects, please contact us by submitting a ticket.
Enable the App Certificate
If you use the App ID for authentication when creating the project and want to switch to the "App ID + App Certificate + Token" mechanism, you need to enable the App Certificate first.
Follow these steps to enable the App Certificate:
- Click the edit button of the targeted project.
- Click Enable. Read About App Certificate. We will send you an email. Follow the steps in the email to confirm about enabling the App Certificate.
- You can see the enabled App Certificate on the Edit project page.
Manage your projects
On the Project Management page, you can also do the following:
- Enter a project name or App ID in the input box and click to search for the project.
- Click to edit the project information and get the App ID.
- Click to view the project usage.
- Click to generate a temporary token.
- Check the project states according to the and icons.