To join a real-time enagement session powered by Agora, you need to provide an App ID and temp Token. This page shows you how to get the information.
Create an Agora account
Sign up here to create an Agora account. After sign-up, you can log in here.
For details, see Sign up for an Agora account.
Create an Agora project
Once you finish the sign-up process, you can create an Agora project in Agora Console.
To create an Agora project, do the following:
- Enter the Project Management page.
- Click Create.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter a project name and use case, and check Secured mode: APP ID + Token (Recommended) as the authentication mechanism.
- Click Submit. You can now see the project on the Project Management page.
Get the App ID
Agora automatically assigns each project an App ID as a unique identifier.
To copy this App ID, find your project on the Project Management page in Agora Console, and click the copy icon to the right of the App ID.
Get the App Certificate
When generating a token on your app server, you need to fill parameters such as the App ID, channel name, user ID, and App Certificate.
To get an App Certificate, do the following:
- On the Project Management page, click the edit icon for the project you want to use.
- Click the copy icon under Primary Certificate.
Generate a Customer ID and Customer Secret
To generate a set of Customer ID and Customer Secret for access to Agora RESTful API, do the following:
- In Agora Console, click the account name in the top right corner, and click RESTful API from the drop-down list to enter the RESTful API page.
- Click Add a secret, and click OK. A set of Customer ID and Secret is generated.
- Click Download in the Customer Secret column. Read the pop-up window carefully, and save the downloaded
key_and_secret.txt file in a secure location.
Generate an RTC temporary token
Applicable products of RTC temporary tokens include: Voice Call, Video Call, Interactive Live Streaming Premium, Interactive Live Streaming Standard, Cloud Recording and On-premise Recording.
To ensure communication security, Agora recommends using tokens to authenticate users joining a channel.
For testing purposes, Agora Console supports generating RTC temporary tokens. To generate an RTC temporary token:
- On the Project Management page, click the icon for your project.
- On the Token page, enter the name of the channel that you want to join, and click Generate Temp Token. When joining the channel later, ensure that the channel name is the same with the one that you use to generate the temporary token.
Temporary tokens are for demonstration and testing purposes only, and remain valid for 24 hours. In a production environment, you need to deploy your own server for generating tokens. For details, see Authenticate Your Users with Tokens
Generate an RTM token
Applicable products of RTM tokens include Real-time Messaging and Flexible Classroom.
To ensure communication security, Agora recommends using tokens to authenticate users logging in to an RTM system.
For testing purposes, Agora Console supports generating RTM tokens. To generate an RTM token:
- Visit https://webdemo.agora.io/token-builder.
- Fill in the App ID, App certificate, and user ID to log in to the RTM system. You need to specify the user ID yourself (for example, "test"). The generated RTM token is showed on the screen. When calling the
login method later, ensure that the user ID is the same with the one that you use to generate the RTM token.
RTM tokens generated in this way are for demonstration and testing purposes only, and remain valid for 24 hours. In a production environment, you need to deploy your own server for generating tokens. For details, see Authenticate Your Users with RTM Tokens