To join a real-time enagement session powered by Agora, you need to provide an App ID and temp Token. This page shows you how to get the information.
Create an Agora account
If you are not currently registered, head over to Agora Console and sign up here. If you already have an account you can log in here.
Create an Agora Project
Once you finish the sign-up process, you can create an Agora project on Console.
- Enter the Project Management page.
- Click Create.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter a project name and check APP ID + APP Certificate + Token (Recommended) as the Authentication Mechanism.
- Click Submit, and you can see the project on the Project Management page.
Get the App ID
Agora automatically assigns each project an App ID as a unique identifier.
To copy this App ID, find your project on the Project Management page in Agora Console, and click the eye icon to the right of the App ID.
Get the App Certificate
When generating a token on your app server, you need to fill parameters such as the App ID, channel name, user ID, and App Certificate. This section shows you how to get the App Certificate on Console.
- On the Project Management page, click Edit to enter the Edit Project page.
- Scroll down the page to the Security section, and click the eye icon to the right of the Primary certificate.
Generate a temporary token
When working on a test version of your application, you can generate a temporary token at the Agora Console to join a channel.
- On the Project Management page, click .
- On the Token page, enter the name of the channel that you want to join. You will get a temporary token. When joining the channel, ensure that the channel name is the same with the one that you use to generate the temporary token.
Ensure that you have enabled the App Certificate of the project before generating a Temp Token. See Enable the App Certificate.A temp token applies to scenarios with low security requirements. For the production environment, we recommend using a token generated at your server.This temp token does not apply to the Agora RTM SDK.