Live Broadcast Quickstart - Windows¶
Step 1: Obtain the SDK¶
The following shows the windows package structure:
- ./examples: including the Open Video Call application and Open Live sample codes（Open Video Call is for communication and Open Live is for live broadcast）
- ./sdk: including the required libraries
Step 2: Prepare the Environments¶
Be sure that the following development environment requirements are satisfied:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 or later
- Microsoft Visual Studio (recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 7 or above
- Prepare an App ID. Refer to Obtaining an App ID
Be sure that the following libraries are ready.
If you use the sample code downloaded in Step 1: Obtain the SDK , then no extra operation is required for this step.
If you use the sample code downloaded from https://github.com/AgoraIO/OpenLive-Windows:
- Add the sdk/include folder to the INCLUDE directory of your project.
- Add the sdk/lib folder to the LIB directory of your project, and make sure that mediasdk.lib is linked with your project.
- Copy all .dll files under the sdk/dll folder to the directory where your executable file is located.
Step 3: Demonstrate the Live Broadcast¶
Agora provides a sample code called Open Live. Follow this section to compile and run it.
Compiling the Sample Code¶
- Use the Visual Studio 2013 (or higher) to open the solution file.
- Open the AgoraObject.h file and locate the APP_ID line with macro definition as shown below:
- Enter your App ID.
- Compile the entire solution in the Release mode.
After the compilation is complete, copy all the dynamic link libraries under the SDK/dll directory to the Release folder.