Live Broadcast Integration - WebAgent¶
Step 1: Obtain the SDK¶
Step 2: Prepare the Environments¶
Be sure that you understand the compatibility with Agora Native SDK, and the difference from Agora Web SDK:
Both of the Agora Native SDK for Web(WebAgent for short) and the Agora Web SDK(WebRTC for short) support communication and live broadcast functions, and their differences are listed as follows:
Difference Agora Native SDK for Web Agora Web SDK Interoperability  Supporting the interoperability with all-platform Agora Native SDKs(v1.3 or later) in both communication and live broadcast scenario. Supporting the interoperability with all-platform Agora Native SDKs(v1.8 or later) in the live broadcast scenario. Agora Web SDK is a beta version now, thus it is recommended to use the interoperability with Agora Native SDK one to one, and the interoperability with multiple users is under continual improvement.  Plugin Agora Native SDK for Web needs to install one plugin application called AgoraWebAgent. Agora Web SDK does not need to install any plugin. Supported Browser Edge, Chrome and Safari
- Communication: All mainstream browsers except for IE and Safari
- Live Broadcast: Chrome
Supported Platform Windows and Mac Windows and Mac
To implement the interoperability between Agora Native SDK and Agora Web SDK, the users who use the Agora Native SDK shall call enableWebSdkInteroperability to enable the function.
If the users want to implement the communication function with Agora Web SDK and Agora Native SDK, they must all join the live broadcast channel as hosts.
Be sure that the following browser requirements are satisfied:
Platform Browser Requirement Windows Edge 25.10586.0.0 Windows 10 Chrome 51.0.2704.103 (64 bit) Mac Safari 9.1.1(11601.6.17)
- Do not use an unsupported browser, for example, Opera, Firefox, and Chrome browsers are not supported and will behave unpredictably.
- Chrome is supported on Windows at 640x480p 30fps resolution. Other higher resolutions will be supported in future releases.
Be sure that the following requirements for operating systems are satisfied:
OS Requirements Windows Windows 7 or later Mac OS X v10.10 or later
Understand the following capabilities and limitations:
- The maximum supported video resolution：720p 15fps and 480p 30fps.
- A PC can only have one instance running.
Load the Agora JS library AgoraRTCSDK-1.8.0.js which can be downloaded from:
The webagent log is stored at:
- Windows: c://username/AppData/Local/Agora/AgoraWebAgent
- Mac: /Users/username/Library/Logs/AgoraWebAgent.log
Replace username with your PC user name.
Step 4: Call APIs¶
Refer to Basic Live Broadcast API logic to implement the basic communication, for example, one-to-one conference.
All the required functions can be implemented by following Live Broadcast API - WebAgent.
Appendix: Install or Uninstall AgoraWebAgent¶
After your deployment, the client will ask your users to install the AgoraWebAgent application on their Windows or Mac according to the system prompt. The system prompt includes a download link and an installation guide provided by Agora, and your users can directly use them or you can customize them to redirect the users to your website. The following shows the installation guide again for your customization convenience:
- Double-click the AgoraWebAgent.exe downloaded from the system prompt.
- Select the language for installation: English.
- Click Browse… if you want to select a different folder. Otherwise, click Next>.
- Click Install and wait until the progress bar is completed.
- Select Run AgoraWebAgent.exe and then click Finish.
Once the program is installed, a shortcut is displayed on the Desktop and AgoraWebAgent starts up automatically whenever starting the computer. An icon will display at the lower right part of the toolbar if AgoraWebAgent is running. Users can disable/enable the automatic start-up in the task manager. If the plugin program is closed while using the Agora Video Call on the browser, restart it by clicking the shortcut on desktop. Once it is restarted, it starts up automatically again whenever starting the computer.
- Double-click the AgoraWebAgent.pkg downloaded from the system prompt.
- Click Continue on the installer.
- Click Continue.
- Click Install to install the application on the default location.
- Enter your computer username and password. Proceed with Install Software.
- When the following message displays, the installation is complete. Click Close.
Once AgoraWebAgent is installed, it is in the applications directory by default, and it starts up automatically whenever starting the computer. An icon will display at the upper right part of the toolbar if AgoraWebAgent is running. You can disable/enable the automatic start-up by right-clicking the icon. If the program is closed while using the Agora Video Call on browser, restart it by clicking the icon in ‘/applications’ . Once it is restarted, it starts up automatically again whenever starting the computer.
Uninstall AgoraWebAgent on Windows or Mac¶
The uninstallation procedure is the same as uninstalling any other application on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and so on.
Take Windows 8 for example:
- Go to Desktop> Control Panel.
- Click Uninstalling the applications under applications.
- Find AgoraWebAgent.exe and right click it to select uninstall.
- Wait until the progress is finished.
- Go to Finder on the Docker.
- Click and enter the folder applications.
- Find the installed AgoraWebAgent and right click it to select Move to Trash.