Web Quickstart - WebRTC Beta¶
Step 1: Obtain the SDK¶
The package includes the following components:
|./client||Sample web application.|
|./server||Web service-side sample code and the required libraries to generate a Dynamic Key|
Step 2: Prepare the Environments¶
- Prepare a Windows or macOS machine.
- Install one of the following chrome browsers:
- Chrome Browser: v54 - v59
- Opera Browser: v42 - v44
- Be sure that you understand the limitations in Known Issue and Limitation.
- Be sure that you have a local web server installed, such as Apache, NginX, or Node.js.
- Install a standard Node.js server in your server or cloud infrastructure.
- Deploy the files under ./client/ to your web server, and then launch your http/https service.
- Access the sample application page on your web server using one of the supported browsers described in Client. Google Chrome is recommended.
Step 3: Run the Sample Code¶
Fill your static App ID to the sample code web page. Refer to Obtaining an App ID for details.
This code is only required when you want to experiment with using more secure Channel Key(Refer to Obtaining and Using a Dynamic Key). In production use, you integrate this logic into your own server-side applications and (re)code this in the programming languages you are already using for your server-based functionality.
- Run npm install under ../server/nodejs/.
- Fill in the values of your APP_ID and APP_CERTIFICATE in ../server/nodejs/DemoServer.js.
- Launch the server with node DemoServer.js.