You may get a 404 error for the following reasons:
- The recording service checks if the parameters are correctly set after a cloud recording starts. The recording may stop if there are issues. Please pay particular attention to your
transcodingsettings. See How do I set the video profile of the recorded video? for detailed information about setting
- The third-party storage information, such as
secretKey,is incorrect, resulting in a failure to upload the recorded files. If you have enabled Agora Message Notification Service, you will receive the
cloud_recording_errorcallback when the service detects that your cloud storage settings are incorrect.
- The cloud recording service fails to join the channel because
clientRequestis incorrect. Check if your application has App Certificate enabled. If so, ensure you enter the correct dynamic key; otherwise, you do not need to set this parameter. See Set up Authentication.
- The ongoing cloud recording service ends automatically, if no user is in the channel for more than the time period specified by
- The cloud recording server is disconnected or the process is killed. At this point, you get a 404 for the method call of
stop. It may take the fault processing center a maximum of 90 seconds to troubleshoot and act accordingly. You can call
queryagain after a certain period of time to query whether the service is back up. See Fault processing when a cloud recording server is disconnected or the process killed for details.