In a live broadcast channel, the broadcaster can invite an audience to take on the role of co-host, or change role back to audience.
You can implement this function by combining the following features:
- Real-time messaging and channel attributes using methods from the Agora RTM SDK.
- Setting the user role using methods from the Agora RTC SDK.
Before proceeding, ensure that you have integrated both the Agora RTM SDK and RTC SDK in your project. For how to integrate these SDKs, see the following guides:
The basic API call sequence is as follows:
Refer to the detailed steps for implementation:
- The broadcaster calls
sendMessageToPeerto send a peer-to-peer message that invites an audience to take on the role pf co-host.
- The audience receives the invitation message in the
- The audience calls
setClientRoleto change the user role to
- After successfully changing the user role, the audience receives the
onClientRoleChangedcallback, and becomes a co-host.
- The new co-host calls
addOrUpdateChannelAttributesto notify the role change to all users in the channel.
- The broadcaster receives the
onAttributesUpdatedcallback, and starts co-hosting with the new co-host.
To change a co-host back to an audience, follow the same steps, except when calling
setClientRole, set the user role as
Relative methods in different programming languages
The methods mentioned in this article are in Java. Refer to the following table if you are programming in a different language: