This page provides the release notes for the Agora React Native SDK.
The Agora React Native SDK wraps the Agora RTC SDKs for Android and iOS, so you can quickly implement real-time communication functionality in your Android and iOS apps developed using the React Native framework.
The Agora React Native SDK supports the following scenarios:
- Voice and Video Call
- Live Interactive Audio and Video Streaming
For key features included in each scenario, see the following documentation:
- Agora Voice Call Overview
- Agora Video Call Overview
- Agora Interactive Audio Streaming Overview
- Agora Interactive Video Streaming Overview
v3.1.2 was released on September 28, 2020.
1. Disabling the local network connection quality report (iOS only)
To improve user experience, this version disables the local network connection quality report by default, to prevent the prompt to find local network devices from popping up when an end user launches the app on an iOS 14.0 device. The
gatewayRtt parameter in the
RtcStats callback is disabled by default. Do not use
gatewayRtt to obtain the round-trip delay between the client and the local router. See the FAQ for details.
If you don't mind the prompt, and want to enable the
gatewayRtt parameter, please contact Agora technical support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Regional connection
This release changes the
AreaCode for regional connection. The latest area codes are as follows:
CN: Mainland China.
NA: North America.
AS: Asia, excluding Mainland China.
GLOB: (Default) Global.
If you have specified a region for connection when calling
createWithAreaCode, ensure that you use the latest area code when migrating from an earlier SDK version.
1. Publishing and subscription states
This release adds the following callbacks to report the current publishing and subscribing states:
AudioPublishStateChanged: Reports the change of the audio publishing state.
VideoPublishStateChanged: Reports the change of the video publishing state.
AudioSubscribeStateChanged: Reports the change of the audio subscribing state.
VideoSubscribeStateChanged: Reports the change of the video subscribing state.
2. First local frame published callback
This release adds the
FirstLocalVideoFramePublished callbacks to report that the first audio or video frame is published. The
FirstLocalAudioFrame callback is deprecated from v3.1.2.
1. CDN live streaming
This release adds the
RtmpStreamingEvent callback to report events during CDN live streaming, such as failure to add a background image or watermark image.
This release adds the
enableEncryption method for enabling built-in encryption, and deprecates the following methods:
3. More in-call statistics
This release adds the following attributes to provide more in-call statistics:
LocalAudioStats, which represents the audio packet loss rate (%) from the local client to the Agora edge server before applying anti-packet loss strategies.
Adds the following attributes in
txPacketLossRate: The video packet loss rate (%) from the local client to the Agora edge server before applying anti-packet loss strategies.
captureFrameRate: The capture frame rate (fps) of the local video.
RemoteVideoStats, which represents the total publish duration (ms) of the remote media stream.
4. Audio profile
To improve audio performance, this release adjusts the maximum audio bitrate of each audio profile as follows:
|Profile||v3.1.2||Earlier than v3.1.2|
||For the interactive streaming profile: 64 KbpsFor the communication profile: 18 Kbps||For the interactive streaming profile: 52 KbpsFor the communication profile: 18 Kbps|
||18 Kbps||18 Kbps|
||64 Kbps||48 Kbps|
||80 Kbps||56 Kbps|
||96 Kbps||128 Kbps|
||128 Kbps||192 Kbps|
5. Log files
This release increases the default number of log files that the Agora SDK outputs from 2 to 5, and increases the default size of each log file from 512 KB to 1024 KB. By default, the SDK outputs five log files,
agorasdk_4.log. The SDK writes the latest logs in
agorasdk.log is full, the SDK deletes the log file with the earliest modification time among the other four, renames
agorasdk.log to the name of the deleted log file, and creates a new
agorasdk.log to record the latest logs.
6. Underlying implementation of TextureView
This release changes the underlying implementation of the
TextureView object, from instantiating a
TextureView object to creating a
TextureView object with the
- Reduces the audio delay.
- Reduces the playback time of the first remote audio frame.
- This release improves the performance of some iOS models (using Apple A10 and below chips), reducing CPU utilization and memory footprint.
- In-ear monitoring improvement on OPPO models (Android):
- Reno4 Pro 5G
- Reno4 5G
This release fixed the following issues:
FirstRemoteVideoFramecallbacks are not triggered at the right time.
setAudioMixingPitchdid not work when setting the
pitchparameter to certain values.
- The image enhancement feature does not work.
- For Android:
- Occasional video freeze.
- Crashes on x86 phones running on Android 6 and later.
- For iOS:
- When a remote user leaves the channel, the view of the remote user becomes black.
- Occasional audio freeze when disconnecting from a Bluetooth device.
- Occasional crashes when the user left the channel after talking in multiple channels.
- Error code:
- Warning code:
- Warning code:
v3.0.1 was released on September 4th, 2020.
Functions and features
- Adapts to Agora RTC SDK v3.0.1.
- Supports asynchronous programming with Promises.
- Supports multiple channels.
- Supports TextureView on Android platform.
See the following documentation to quickly integrate the SDK and implement real-time voice and video communication in your project.
- Start a Voice Call
- Start a Video Call
- Start Live Interactive Video Streaming
- Start Live Interactive Audio Streaming
- API Reference
Agora also provides an open-source Agora React Native Quickstart on GitHub.