The codec the Web browser uses for encoding.
"vp8": Sets the browser to use VP8 for encoding.
"h264": Sets the browser to use H.264 for encoding.
- Safari 12.1 or earlier does not support the VP8 codec.
- Codec support on mobile devices is a bit complex, see Use Agora Web SDK on Mobile Devices for details.
The channel profile.
Agora Web SDK needs to know the application scenario to apply different optimization methods.
Currently Agora Web SDK supports the following channel profiles:
"live": Sets the channel profile as live broadcast. Host and audience roles that can be set by calling the Client.setClientRole method. The host sends and receives voice/video, while the audience can only receive voice/video.
"rtc": Sets the channel profile as communication. This is used in one-on-one calls or group calls, where all users in the channel can talk freely.
If you need to communicate with Agora Native SDK, Agora recommends the following settings:
- For Native SDK v2.3.2 and later:
- For Native SDK before v2.3.2, set mode as "live" regardless of which channel profile the Native SDK uses.
"rtc" mode supports the Agora Recording SDK 2.3.3 or later.
Your HTTP proxy server domain name.
ASCII characters only, and the string length must be greater than 0 and less than 256 bytes.
- We support https/SSL proxy server via port 443.
- Ensure that the proxy server supports wss (WebSocket Secure).
- For the required firewall ports, see Firewall Requirements.