Agora Recording Overview
The Agora Recording SDK is an add-on to record and save voice calls, video calls, and interactive broadcasts on your server. It is compatible with the Agora Native SDK version 1.7.0 or later and the Agora Web SDK version 1.12.0 or later.
For example, a user can either attend an online course at the time of the course, or watch the recorded course later; made possible by the recording SDK deployed at the server by the online course provider.
The Agora Recording SDK provides the following functions:
- High-quality voice and video recordings.
- Single- or mixed-stream voice and video recordings of all users in the channel.
- Raw voice and video data.
- Screen captures of all users in the channel.
- Customizable video mixing layouts.
The Agora Recording SDK can be used in the following scenarios:
- Online education: One-to-one and one-to-many online courses. The Agora Recording SDK provides high-quality voice and video recordings. Students can replay recordings for review or to make up missed courses at their convenience.
- Live broadcasts: Recordings of live broadcasts can enable replay of highlights, capture screenshots, and detect sexually explicit content.
- Financial industry: When conducting financial management, account registration, and face-to-face business, the financial industry must provide audio and video recording services and keep transaction records for archival purposes.
- Customer service/call centers: One-to-one voice and video customer support. The recordings can be used for customer research and service quality evaluation.
- Remote health care: Recordings of remote diagnosis and online medical consultations enable patients to acquire medical resources in remote or inaccessible areas, and can be used as references for subsequent treatments.
The Agora Recording SDK consists of the following features:
- High reliability: The Recording SDK supports cluster deployment, dynamic capacity expansion, and high availability services.
- High security: Provides end-to-end security mechanisms for video calls, data transmission, data storage, etc. For details, see Information Security Policy.
- Compatibility: Supports CentOS 7+ x64 and Ubuntu 14.04+ x64 operating systems.
- Ease to use: The operation method is simple and easy to learn. It can help developers get started quickly, flexibly deploy recording services, and easily realize recording on the mobile and web pages.
- Flexible combination: Agora Recording SDK provides complete and powerful functions, including audio and video recording, audio and video recording, single stream recording, combined recording, raw data recording, customizable layout and screenshot function. By combining the various features flexibly, you can seamlessly apply it to multiple scenarios you need to achieve better service.