You can use the Agora RTM (Real-time Messaging) SDK to create a stable messaging mechanism for real-time messaging scenarios that require low latency and high concurrency for a global audience.
The Agora RTM SDK enables the following functions:
- Send and receive (offline) peer-to-peer messages.
- Send and receive channel messages.
- Get the member list of the channel.
- Create, send, cancel, accept, or decline a call invitation.
- Set, update, or get a user's attributes.
- Set, update, or get attributes of a specified channel.
- Get the latest member count of specified channel(s).
- Interconnect with the legacy Agora Signaling SDK.
You can use the Agora RTM SDK for the following scenarios:
The Agora RTM SDK provides the following features:
|High concurrency||Supports sending up to a million channel messages simultaneously. Can cope with the high concurrency scenarios, such as in an online quiz.
|High reliability||Service availability at 99.999%|
|Low latency||We have data centers distributed worldwide.
|Compatibility||Supports the following platforms:
RTM vs. Signaling
The Agora RTM SDK is designed to replace the legacy Agora Signaling SDK with expanded capabilities.
Maintenance of the legacy Agora Signaling SDK ends Q4 2019.