This page provides a brief overview of the limitations of the Agora RTM SDK for Android, including the maximum method call frequencies, maximum string length, unicode support and more.
Maximum Call Frequency
|Function||Method||Maximum Call Frequency|
|Log in the RTM system||login||Two queries per second|
|Retrieve member count of specified channel(s)||getChannelMemberCount||one query per second|
|Join a channel1||join||50 queries every three seconds|
|Send messages||60 queries per second|
|Retrieve a member list of the channel||getMembers||Five queries every two seconds|
|Renew the token||RtmClient.renewToken||Two queries per second|
|Query the online status of the specified user(s)||queryPeersOnlineStatus||Ten queries every five seconds.|
|Set user attributes||10 queries every five seconds|
|Get user attributes||40 queries every five seconds|
|Set channel attributes||10 queries every five seconds|
|Get channel attributes||10 queries every five seconds|
1 The maximum call frequency limit for joining the same channel is two queries every five seconds.
- The maximum length of a peer-to-peer or channel message is 32 KB. See RtmMessage.setText.
- The maximum length of the content in a call invitation is 8 KB. See LocalInvitation.setContent
- The maximum length of the response in a call invitation is 8 KB. See RemoteInvitation.setResponse
Supports channel and peer-to-peer messages, invitation content, and invitation response in UTF-8 only.
- Notifications of a member joining or leaving the channel are automatically disabled when the number of channel members exceeds 512. If you have special requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The current version supports querying the online status of a maximum of 256 users.
- Attribute settings in one user attribute operation should not exceed 16 KB in size; attribute settings in one channel attribute operation should not exceed 32 KB in size; each attribute (key/value pair) should not excced 8 KB in size; the number of key/value pairs you set in one attribute operation should not exceed 32.