Making a Voice call¶
Scenario 1: Make a Voice Call¶
- Integrate the package. Agora provides two packages for Android to enable the voice call function: The voice package and the full package.
It is recommended to integrate the full package due to the following reasons:
- If you only need the voice function, you can just disable the video function.
- You only need the voice function but can add the video function later.
- Create an RtcEngine Object, see Create RtcEngine Object (create).
- Create and join a channel, see Join Channel (joinChannel)
//Create a RtcEngine Object RtcEngine rtcEngine = RtcEngine.create(ctx, "74******************************a", myRtcEventHandler); //create and join a channel rtcEngine.joinChannel(null, "channelName", null, myUid)
You can now start a one-to-one or group voice call. The difference between a one-to-one and group call is the number of people joining the channel.
Scenario 2: Implement other Functions¶
Agora will provide the API call workflow and sample code for the following scenarios in the future. For now, see Voice Call API:
- Text messages
- Control voice; for example, mute or unmute
You may need the following functions for a voice call: