Making a Video Call¶
This page demonstrates the following functions with the Agora sample code Agora-Android-Tutorial-1to1:
- Create and join a channel
- Make a one-to-one video call
- Mute the call
- Enable the speakerphone
- Switch the camera
- Switch to a voice call
Step 1: Download the Sample Code¶
Download the latest Full SDK.
|./samples||Agora-Android-Tutorial-1to1 Sample Code|
Step 2: Prepare the Environments¶
Prepare the following environments:
- Android SDK API Level 16 or later
- Android Studio 2.0 or later
- Android 4.1 and later devices with audio and video functionalities
- Get an App ID
Step 4: Make a Video Call¶
Make a video call with the Agora-Android-Tutorial-1to1 sample code in the Android Voice package.
Compile the Sample Code¶
- Select Import project (Eclipse ADT, Gradle, etc.) in Android Studio.
- Import build.gradle using the import function of Android Studio.
- Enter your App ID in Agora-Android-Tutorial-1to1/app/res/values/src/strings.xml.
- Click the Run button to compile the sample code with an Android device connected.
Run the Sample Code¶
You need two phones to run the sample code for voice and video calls. Open the compiled app on each Android device. The following screen displays:
You can press the buttons on the screen to switch to voice communication, mute, and switch camera.